Pages

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Designing to build in 30 years.

WOW WOW!

I know what wows me is the future. It's the crazy ideas of what the spaces we live in could be like. It's definitely not what I'm experiencing in the spaces I find myself walking through now. I wonder what it looks like for someone who had their 20's in the 80's...

I want to walk through the spaces that will be around in 30 years time. Wow. Imagine that.

http://www.domusweb.it/en/news/2011/11/21/pernilla--asif.html

Above is pernilla and asif 'the cloud'. It creates a cloud roof. These are also the guys that did the coca cola beat box at London 2012 Olympics.

Maybe the cloud is only an installation for now. But in 30 years time. Where does technology take us? Look what ETFE allowed pernilla & asif to create. Where will Graphene take us?

http://m.zimbio.com/photos/Asif+Khan/Pernilla+Ohrstedt

I know when I have an out of nebula thought in my architectural education again, it might not be so ridiculous after all. Keep. Mind. Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment